JWOF “Powerful Women…Next Generation” 4-Year Scholarship
Awarded annually, this scholarship is for a first or second-generation Jamaican-American female, who is graduating from a State of Florida High School and plans to attend a post-secondary institution.
Focused on the organization’s mission to encourage emerging powerful women, JWOF’s 4-year scholarship is valued at $5,000 and is intended to support the recipient’s achievement of her four-year education at a tertiary institution. JWOF’s goal is to subsidize the cost of tuition, books and/or other college-related expenses incurred at the institution.
Click here for the scholarship requirements
- Application materials must be submitted by the DEADLINE of Thursday, January 19, 2020, 6:00 PM by submission of online application (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Applicants must be first or second generation, Jamaican-American female high school student resident of Florida who attends college in fall 2020.
- Applicants must have a 3.5 cumulative GPA evidenced on a transcript from her school guidance department
- Applicants must compose an essay (maximum 1200 words), explaining why she should be awarded this scholarship.
- Each applicant must provide proof of commitment as a volunteer in community projects. (At least 40 hours minimum required per semester)
- Also, include 1 or 2 letters of recommendation. One must be from a teacher, guidance counselor/director or an administrator
- All application materials must include applicant’s contact information (name/date-of-birth/address/telephone/email address)
- A resume
- A signed photograph
- All required documents must be submitted NO LATER THAN Thursday, January 19, 2020, at 6:00 PM via submission of this online application NO EXCEPTIONS
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Scholarship Committee at email@example.com
Past JWOF scholarship recipients
Jaime Noicely - First Scholarship Recipient
Graduated Magna cum laude Florida Atlantic University Class of 2018
I am currently a second-year law student at St Thomas University, Florida. Every day I spend furthering my education and career is a sweet reminder of what a powerful blessing it was to have JWOF enter my life. Since that day, I have tried my best to demonstrate humility and tenacity that would make everyone proud. I want each and every beautiful soul at JWOF to know that they personally and permanently made a positive impact on my life and that words will never be able to express how grateful I am for that.
Taylor Reid - 2018 Recipient
Thank you for seeing the potential in me. Your gift in the form of a scholarship was much more than that. The day I received that scholarship changed the game for me. Even to this day, I am still in complete awe at what God is doing through this wonderful organization.
I cannot wait to come back to next year's event and share all that God is doing in my life. You all are nothing short of blessings in my life. I will make you so proud!
Tamarah Wallace - 2018 Recipient
JWOF has helped give me the financial security necessary to take on opportunities that are unpaid or low paid. I am extremely appreciative of their commitment to aiding college students by enabling them to explore their interests and truly develop their lives without financial burden.
JWOF Scholarship Inquiry
Thank you for your interest. If you would like to learn more about the JWOF “Powerful Women…Next Generation” 4-Year Scholarship, please contact us with your questions by completing the form below.
NOTE: This form is for requesting information only, NOT submission of an application for the annual scholarship.